Friday, April 8, 2011

Coming to an end

Some of you may want to stop reading now and turn back, because I'm giving you fair warning that most of my following commentary will be me complaining about the upcoming trip home and goodbye's that will be said. I have spent the last few days mentally and physically preparing myself for my trip home.

But to put that moment off a tad, the time with the group was absolutely awesome. They spent the rest of the week working on the water project which they finished and did an awesome job with!!! Thank you so much to everyone who sacrificed their spring break to work here and hang out with the kids. Now the jungle school finally has running water regularly for the kitchen and for other necessary utilities (bathrooms) in the school. The group was great, worked for the most part without complaint, and worked well with the kids. We had a little fun as well, going to Cayos Cochinos, where I got to join in, as well as hanging at the river. If you would like to hear more about the groups adventures check out their blog at http://hhkspring2011.blogspot.com . I think most everyone had a good time, and hopefully we'll have some people returning again next year. I hear rumors my sister may want to lead the trip... who knows? Eloisa did indeed recover and I was happy to have taken her to the doctors. When the time for goodbye's came to be said, their was almost not a dry eye in the entire bus. The hogar put on a really nice little going away party, and the bus drove off on a river of tears. Eye somehow managed to avoid joining in, but it only made me even more nervous for my own turn coming up. I'm going to be a reck, a complete mess.

So since the group has left it's been kind of back to the old schedule. School in the morning, Hogar in the afternoon. I'm enjoying the time with the kids but I feel as if the dread of leaving is taking over. It's not that I'm  not looking forward to going home at all, because I am a little, it's more that I can't say goodbye. The only thing that makes it easier is that I know I'll be back. Hopefully sooner rather than later. I think I must be a little stressed, because I am now sick. I have a nice whooping cough thats lasted for three weeks, and finally yesterday I decided to try to get some medicine. Then today my body up and decided to get another kind of sick which resembles a little of Montezuma's revenge if you catch my drift. These things have stolen two of my days, Wednesday and Today. I missed school, and now I only have two days left. I did use the time though to go shopping, spend lots of money that I don't have on gifts, and write tons and tons of letters. I just feel like I need to leave a little of myself with the people that I love hear, so that they wont forget me. But I am so afraid they will. Well, not forget entirely, it just seems so easy to settle into normal life again. And that is what I want, but still. I'm sure I'll do a similar thing back home, and settle in slowly, but that doesn't mean I will forget. I definitely won't do that. So it will be fine. I had been planning on spending the night with Denia at her house, but my sickness took care that I couldn't do that, but they were sweet enough to come visit me. I was actually at the hogar though, but Nelson, Walter, and Alan came to fetch me on their bikes. I rode Honduran Style- 2 to a bike which was kind of exciting. I felt bad for Nelson because I weigh quite a bit more than a typical small Honduran haha. I passed out some of my gifts for them and Denia already started crying. I tried to pick out something extra nice for her and finally settled on a little jewelry box where I put a picture of us, with a bracelet inside, as well as a picture frame. For others I gave some of my clothes, jewelry that I bought, and other things. I still have a bit to pass out. I spent today packing up the room, just to get everything ready since I had time. I don't want to waste another minute packing when I can be with the kids. Everything seems in order. About three of the families are coming down tomorrow to have some lunch with me. There could be about 20 or more people in the house. We shall see.

Everything will be changing so soon. I can't believe it at all. I think I'm preparing myself well though. I know what's coming, and I'll be back. But I will miss them and everyone, that much is clear. Things like this leave a mark on your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment