Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Recovered

I am finally better after almost a week out. I self prescribed myself some anti-biotics and the next day i was mucho mejor. Thank goodness. I despise staying home sick, even if I was productive. Yesterday I decided I wanted to make some Christmas Cards so I got ready to make a quick trip out to buy some construction paper. However, when I went to grab my money it had completely disappeared. I was keeping my large bills in the bottom drawer of my closet and taking them out as needed. I had just reloaded my stash the day before so I was positive that I had money. I looked around and slowly spread out my search for the missing $200. It was my fault somehow I was sure, because I am always the first to misplace things. But no, it wasn't there. Then I had a realization. The rat took it. There was no other solution. Our friendly house rat that is still lurking somewhere, nibbling at the corners of our food. So reluctantly I set out in search. Previously it had been around the closet area, so I began to pull out the drawers. Not with my hand mind you, I kind of pushed them out with a broom handle, just to be safe. The first drawer came out and I heard something pattering, little feet running across the floor. Eww. One by one the drawers came out until the last one. I pulled it out and in the back I saw the rats tail flash to the other side. I will admit that this entire time I was hopping from foot to foot. There was no bravery involved in this. It was out of complete necessity. Finally I looked in and he was there, huddled right behind my $200. The rat freaking burgled my money and now was guarding it from me. I put the broom handle in and he zoomed out and I screamed and then Ethan let out a little gasp/scream which I found extremely funny. Finally I recovered my money and the rat ran into the kitchen. I think he's residing under the fridge. Ah well. I missed Natalie quite a lot. Ha.

I made my Christmas cards and today helped the kids make some. We had a late start because we were both  catching up on sleep. Ethan was recovering from a fever, but he seems better now. It was good to see the kids again. It always is. We saw Narnia with most of the kids tonight. I enjoyed it for the second time. Paola and Cherlin had my hands the entire time. I don't ever want to let them go.

1 comment: