Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Home

It was so strange going home. I arrived at the airport and my dad and Valerie were waiting for me, along with some of my best friends Carrie, Don, April, Rentao and Beckett. It was the best homecoming I could have asked for. We went and grabbed some Mexican food, which I had missed dearly, and then it was home. My bird had missed me, and later when I saw my dogs they were excited too. Of course my cats were indifferent but it was expected. I spent the time with friends and family and it was just a blur of catching up with everyone. Movie nights, games of risk, shopping, dinners, lunches etc. I visited school of course and saw all of my amazing teachers. Rancho is my third home ha. It was a really nice time, but it was odd too. It's difficult to explain in some ways. I felt like I was walking around with a pit in my stomach; a feeling that something wasn't quite right. It was as if I wasn't completely comfortable to be home, but at the same time it was as if I had never left. I fell back into my old routine, my old friend, my family, so easily. I don't know if I had expected all of my experiences to change me or the way I acted but it was odd how familiar it all seemed. I asked myself earlier if I will simply be able to leave Honduras and fall back into my old life- and it seems as if the answer is yes and i'm not sure if I like that. 

There is so much in the states. The roads are well kept, there are no huts on the sides of mud hills, no starving dogs running around, or cows in the streets. Life is so completely different. Not to say that there are not problems in the States, because there are many, but where I live and the life I am part of seems so much easier. It's strange to connect two completely different life styles into one, but this is how the world is, no matter if it makes sense or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment