Wednesday, November 3, 2010

It is Beautiful

I am always amazed at how beautiful this country is. It has so much natural beauty, the caribbean paired with the jungle is simply breathtaking. I spent the morning hiking through the jungle in the Pico Bonito reserve. We took a tour and hiked an hour and a half to a waterfall. I was so glad to get out and do something active, especially since hiking is one of my favorite activities. Plus, it's hard to beat the location we were at. The waterfall was of course stunning. The director before we left had told us we shouldn't try to go swimming because the rocks are slippery, so as soon as we got there we took our shoes off and carefully made our way into the spray. There wasn't anywhere to swim, but it was amazing and exhilarating to just sit under the water as it poured down on you from 160 feet up. The water was nice and refreshing after the hike, and I could not stop giggling. So pretty. As we walked back, butterfly's were fluttering around and we found a few lizards. I was quite happy. 

Nothing too exciting this afternoon. I am constantly making lists of things to do and things I need to buy. It's strange being here, because I am so much neater and cleaner than I ever am at home. I have been on a cleaning frenzy, and can't stop organizing things. I'm planning on tackling the floors and kitchen again but need to buy some cleaning materials. I cooked my first official meal today! Nothing fancy, just potatoes and onions and peppers, but still- I was proud of my initiative. I'm also being responsible and making a budget which I'm sure I will go over, and I'm busy planning lessons for english. On top of that I promised to help out with some sponsor projects so we shall see where my time goes. This is what I love though, having more things to do than I can ever finish!

3 comments:

  1. haha yes i can tell that you are cleaning more there then u do at home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Its the same for me at my dorm. I feel that I am so much more organized in my own little space than I am in my old room at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, can't believe it!. Just kidding. When it's up to you, you rise to the occasion. I'm not surprised. Welcome to the real world. You will do great! lutm, mom

    ReplyDelete