Sunday, November 14, 2010

Piojo's!

Natalie officially has Piojo's!! It's kind of awesome. We have been joking about it the entire trip, and now she has them. Piojo's are lice by the way. She's been itching her head since wednesday. We had checked before that but didn't see anything, but Lara (the new volunteer) checked today and sure enough! We went on a piojo shampoo hunt at 9 30 tonight, and all that was open were Pulperia's (tiny snack stores) and liquer stores. We made a new friend at one of the Pulperia's, asking for piojo shampoo. Unfortunately he said no, so we went back and then returned later to look for some vinigar. At this point he was laughing at us and again the answer was no. So we went to find another Pulperia and success! Piojo shampoo! On our way back we showed our friend, and he was really excited for us. Natalie is now soaking her hair in some pretty terrible smelling stuff but soon, no more piojo's! Honestly, it's inevitable that one of us were going to get them. We probably all will eventually. The kids all have them and we are always close. The kids love natalie especially and give her lots of hugs, so...

Today was extremely laid back for me especially, though I think I managed to stress myself out more than I have all trip. Natalie, Ethan and the other volunteers went swimming with the kids and they said they had a good time. I stayed home to prepare a lesson plan because tomorrow English classes begin from 9-12 and I really want to be prepared and have a fun class and have the kids learn a lot. I now have a lesson that will hopefully last for a long enough time. Unfortunately it is just one lesson, so tomorrow I will have to do the same thing in about an eighth of the time. Should be fun. I'm sure I just overthink things, but its really more out of my desire for them to truly learn and for me to be a good teacher. Teaching can be as easy or difficult as you make it, but to be a good teacher I think is hard. I have no idea really what to expect tomorrow, how many kids will be there, or what ages. Should be interesting. Hope it goes well. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi! keep looking for lice. . . I would imagine lice would love your hair. So, we are booked! I am so excited. We are going to Honduras! Should be a very unique and interesting Christmas. Can't wait. Let me know if you talk to David about going to Southwest Key. I'll need to book hotels. lutm, mom

    ReplyDelete